I must say that I can never remember an October on 30A with this many people here along 30A. I suppose the “Fall breaks” that schools have throughout the Southeast have created a busy time here as Fall is in full swing and rental properties are full of visitors.
Here is a quick list of happenings along the beach as Halloween approaches:
Saturday, Oct 25….
- Bring your little ghosts and goblins to Rosemary Beach for trick or treating in the town center. Pumpkin carving contest, best costumes contest with prizes, hayrides, a moonwalk, pumpkin painting and more.
- 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM . Night of the Dead Costume Party at Caliza Pool in Alys Beach. Costumes are required for this hugely popular event. $1,000.00 cash prize for best costume. DJ Roonie G returns to blast out some major tunes while this 21 and up crowd enjoys cocktails from a cash bar. Cabanas are available on line. Tickets are $50 each at nochedelosmuertos.com or at Fonville Press and the bike shop in Alys Beach.
- Sunday, Oct 26….Fall Festival at Watercolor Marina Park. Enjoy Fall themed food and drinks, live music, crafts, pumpkin carving contest, pictures with a real live scarecrow. Haunted paddle on Western Lake at Boathouse. Sunset movie at Marina Park. Bring your blanket and chair and enjoy a scary movie under the stars. Festival is from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. Movie starts shortly before sunset. No admission fee.
Friday, Oct 31….
- The annual Witches of South Walton begin their flight West on Scenic Highway 30A at 7:00 AM sharp. Meet at the corner of 30A and 393 at Gulf Place at 6:30AM for photos and prepare to ride. The witches will ride 2.2 miles from Gulf Place to Butler Elementary to greet the kids as they arrive at school. The witches will then gather at La Playa back at Gulf Place for brunch, raffles and much fun. Come register for this great fund raiser at The Witches Brew at La Playa on Oct 30th from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Also on Friday come join in at the Seaside trick or treat party as trick or treaters stop in the various merchants at Seaside for candy and treats. Hop on the haunted hayride, hear spooky stories with the Seaside Rep performers and do the monster mash to the tunes of 30A radio from 4:00 to 6:00 PM.
- From 4:00 to 5:30 at Gulf Place the merchants will be handing out candy to costumed kids.
- On Friday night at Local Catch beginning at 9:00 PM come dance the night away and win a free bar tab with the best costume. Live music will be provided by the Forest Williams Band.
- As always, there are outdoor farmers markets on each Saturday morning at Gulf Place, Seaside and Rosemary beach throughout the Fall season.