If you’ve chosen one of the beach communities of Scenic 30A as your spring break destination, you’ll have the area’s most beautiful, white sandy beaches as your view for the week. As if the beaches weren’t enough of a reason to seal the deal in making 30A your spring break destination, experiencing the multi-faceted beauty of the area is key to leaving with memories to last a lifetime. To give you a hand in planning your spring break, we’ve compiled a list of tips to help you enjoy your spring break “the 30A way.”
- Grab a bite at a local eatery. 30A is home to a wide variety of local restaurants specializing in everything from fresh seafood with a southern twist (Great Southern Cafe) to delicious Mexican fare with a coastal vibe (La Cocina). If you’re looking for a meal with a view, Bud & Alley’s in Seaside and 723 Whiskey Bravo in Seagrove have beautiful views of the sunset over the Gulf.
- Take a cruise on a beach cruiser. Renting bikes and cruising along Scenic 30A is the perfect way to get a taste of each of 30A’s beach communities. Make a day of it by having your morning cup of coffee in one community, shopping in another, and winding down the day with a late lunch at your final stop.
- Enjoy some live tunes. On any given night (or day) of the week, you’re guaranteed to have a front row seat to upbeat bluegrass, laid back reggae, and soft acoustic melodies at restaurants up and down 30A. So sit back, grab a bite to eat, and unwind with some local music.
- Shop for local treasures. A wide variety of jewelry and clothing designers, artists, and one-of-a-kind shops call 30A home, which means you have the perfect opportunity to take home a custom-made, unique piece of 30A!
- Get out on the water. Whether you’re kayaking, boating, or stand-up paddle boarding, there are a million ways to explore the coastal dune lakes along 30A and the Gulf. Located throughout many of 30A’s beach communities, you’ll find various kayak and stand-up paddle board rental shops to help you get your daily dose of excitement on the water.
- Sink your toes into the sand. Plan a day completely dedicated to sitting in your beach chair with your toes in the sand. Each of 30A’s beaches has its own unique appeal, but they all share one thing in common: a stunning view of the Gulf!
Now that we’ve supplied you with your guide for enjoying spring break the 30A way, there’s only one thing to do… Pack your bags!